STRIKER Chidizi Ogbene has been given the go-ahead to join the Irish team in Dublin ahead of the World Cup double.

The 24-year-old, who impressed in last month’s international break, was subjected to a difficult test and was ruled out of Saturday’s FA Cup semi-final second leg against Rotterham United.

The defender in question was sent off for a challenge on Ogbene and United boss Paul Warn opted to take him, but the coach confirmed Cork Lad Ogben after the game. “It doesn’t matter,” Warne said after the 3-0 victory.

“I didn’t know if he knocked the object a little bit from Chio. At that time we were a little worried, we didn’t know he broke his leg, luckily, he didn’t. Their player. He seemed to be bearing witness to his testimony, but we arrived safely.

close

Jason Knight of the Republic of Ireland faced Olivier Till in a World Cup qualifier against Luxembourg.

Another motivator for coach Stephen Kenny was Jason Knight, who returned to full fitness after being sidelined for two weeks with a thigh injury sustained in a 1-1 draw at Milwao in the 90th minute. Ireland’s U-21 Cup Fest Ibosele (19) scored the first goal of the game and coach Wayne Rooney praised the former St. Joseph Boys player.

“Festival has the potential to create team problems.” Festin is difficult to play – the raw is fast and strong, “said Ibosele.

He makes mistakes on the field, we know, he is a young player, but I thought he was very good, always dangerous and a good finish. A lot of work in it.

“I spoke to Festin at the end of last season, he was playing on the right back. I felt by his nature that playing high on the field can be very dangerous.

“So we talked to him and we watched the videos, and we did a lot of work with him, to make him more aggressive.