Photo Credit Lions Pride Fitness / Dark Horse Media
Are you having fun in the morning? Access more exclusive interviews, analytics, and stories with Rx membership.
Aaron Brille, current president Redemption Road Fitness FoundationA new project focused on helping former criminals integrate into the CrossFit community. The new company, Lyon Pride, works directly with these individuals as they leave the prison system in Colorado and elsewhere.
Something big- Brill is not the only member of the Board to be a part of the Lion Pride Club. Amy Drake, Peter Drake, Jessica Haliday and Tim Haliday are all joining Brille’s wife Jessica.
- Brill weep “The road to redemption and the conditions in prison are excellent. ከሆነ If that’s all we do, and if people return to the community without the support of this program, then they go back. You know, we are social animals. We want the same community. If we do not have a new one, we will go back to where we came from.
- “So we still work in prison people. We don’t do it in Colorado, because Redemption Road is here in Colorado and we don’t want to compete with them. We have a slightly different model that we think will probably go faster, a more open source CrossFit affiliate model.
The reason for the mission is to mourn- As a police officer for 24 years, Brill has extensive experience working with inmates. The introduction of the CrossFit community feature to detainees has helped break the barrier between various criminals as well as criminals and law enforcement.
- “It doesn’t help me to have big, fast and strong criminals.” Braille said. But it is better for me to have healthy and good people who want to rejoin society.
- “Okay, yes, I have protected the community, I have arrested it, Victims feel good. But I did not punish that man. That is not my job. I want them to come out better. My hope is that they will come out better.
Home foundation; Brill aims to build a center that connects CrossFit communities across the country with people trying to reunite. For now, Lyon’s Pride Fitness will begin with the non-profit Phoenix in Denver. Classes are held on this CrossFit Community Center Denver Dream Center Transportation Assistance.
- “It’s not a program based on our beliefs. I am a man of faith But we are not faith. The Denver Dream Center, the pastor there – the local, the most amazing pastor – has a great heart for reunion.
- “The Denver Dream Center has a van. They drive their people To their appointments and things. They can be our testing pool. ”
Useful support: A key component of the Redemption Fitness Foundation was a partnership with CrossFit Home Office. Brill hopes that this trend will continue with the lion’s share of pride. Although there are still some important details to work with.
First, he wants to make sure there are no conflicts Regarding the Redemption Fitness Foundation. He helped build the organization, and he wants it to succeed.
- “CrossFit is doing an amazing job of bringing partners together. And play books and stuff. But it is a special place to do that for a prison, a people that includes the justice system. All of these need to be adjusted.
- Training a person on a court decision Either in prison or after acquiring another set of skills. Running those programs requires another set of skills. So the concepts of playboards and round tables and things, I am definitely connecting in those. But we have to fix those. So I hope I can continue to talk to Eric [Roza] And [GM of affiliates] Gary Gains ”
The main point is: Once again, Bril, president of the Redemption Race Foundation, is focusing on different parts of the process. He and his co-founders work to help those outside the prison return to society and build a successful life.